Opening

On July 15, 2017 a team of 12 missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Gran Comision Church to provide a medical clinic and share the Gospel. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives and impacting the people of Choluteca on this blog.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

And We're Off!

Song: You Make Me Brave - Bethel Music 
(Flight from Detroit to Atlanta)

And we're off! 

Clouds amaze me - even from the ground. Being up here next to and above them I'm in even more awe. It reminds you how small we really are in the grand scheme of the world. 

It's amazing to think that nothing comes to us before passing through God. I'm sure it's difficult for some to accept that. Life is full of trials and hard times. Sometimes consequences of our own actions, sometimes the actions of others. In either of those senses, the fact that God allowed me to experience all the things I have gives me a sense of strength. He believes in me even when I don't believe in myself. The Bible says He never gives us more than He knows we can handle. Nowhere does it say what we can handle with ease! 

When you lift weights, the more weight you add the more trauma/stress you put on your muscles. They actually begin to tear. Once the trauma is over, they begin to repair by using amino acids/protein to fill the tears, thus growing bigger and stronger. The next time you use the same weight, the muscles are better prepared and it's easier. 

Faith is similar in many ways. God pushes you out of your comfort zone and sometimes allows pain/trauma to occur to help you grow. Once we are broken, His Word and love fill those wounds and heal us. We end up stronger and more prepared than before. He also gives us something special: a heavenly outlook on life. When you see things from God's perspective, you recognize the need for the hard times and you can appreciate them. 

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, 'My Grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

1 comment:

  1. With God - all is possible - prayers for your journey.

    ReplyDelete